The Life Cycle of An Order
SalesChain’s two-way integration with e-Automate automates every step of the Order Fulfillment workflow after a deal is signed. This is a collaboration. And with seamless interaction between the two systems, your delivery workflow can be tracked and measured to ensure unparalleled efficiency – helping you to deliver products faster with larger profit margins.
Orders have a life cycle. A number of the steps in this life are tied to actions. Before an order makes its way into the delivery desk, a number of actions have already been taken:
- The rep has priced a deal.
- Credit has been applied through the Credit Desk utility and approved by the FCO or API.
- Documents are attached to an OBD and signed by the rep – and an email is automatically sent to the sales manager.
- The sales manager reviews the OBD, any needed changes to credit or commissions are made. When the manager approves the document package, he marks it as complete and an email to the OC is automatically sent.
- The order coordinator reviews the OBD, any needed changes to configuration or timeline considering orders are made. Whenever changes are made, the rep, manager, and OC are automatically sent an email.
- Finally, Credit is confirmed or denied, and an email is automatically sent to the OC and sales rep.
Delivery Workflow Automation
The delivery workflow automation system is a comprehensive set of tools you can use to organize, automate and measure the efficiency of your fulfillment processes and resources. There is an old saying, you can’t fix what you do not measure. This is especially true with complex operational processes that involve multiple teams and departments like sales, order processing, the warehouse, service, and finance.
SalesChain allows you to define customized workflows that best represent the working steps (or Nodes) needed to complete each type of product or service that your business offers. Fulfilling an order for 2 copiers involves different steps than say providing IT services for a law firm. Each step of the processes may be defined with characteristics that include:
- Sequence of work
- Assignment of responsibility
- Notifications of assignment and completion
- Trigger dependent steps
Advanced steps may integrate with other core systems within Saleschain such as the Credit Desk utility with mark workflow steps identified as Credit Acceptance or Credit Funding to be completed. The electronic signature utility can mark workflow steps identified as Delivery Certificate to be completed.
Along the way, each step of assignment and completion is time-stamped so that we can effectively measure the timeliness of your process.
Keeping Everyone Informed
Throughout the processing of your orders, people across your business can track and view details using the Delivery Desk viewer. This provides secured access to information in terms of progress, assignments, and schedule.
An easy-to-use drag and drop delivery scheduling tool provides visibility and control for the delivery team while keeping everyone who needs to know informed of the timing of their orders. Create color-coded delivery trucks to make it easy to read. When the delivery is scheduled, a notice is placed into the sales reps calendar to keep them informed.
Two-Way Integration with e-Automate
Two systems that work as one. Together, SalesChain and e-Automate represent the foundation for efficiency across your entire business. Work that is done in one system can trigger action in the other. For example:
- When proposals are created in SalesChain, operations can push this data into e-Automate to create a Sales Order
- As operations assign inventory to fulfill the Sales Order, serial numbers may be loaded into SalesChain to be used in documentation and to trigger workflow steps.
- As a workflow step such as “Setup Complete” is detected, SalesChain can create service calls in e-Automate to necessary manual entry.
- As service techs complete tasks in the Remote Tech utility, SalesChain detects these events and completes the workflow steps.
Leverage every effort of work as many times as possible to void duplication of effort.